Tomorrow (Thursday, May 5th) is a special Vedic holiday called Akshaya Tritiya.
It means “the never-diminishing” and is an especially auspicious day where whatever you begin or invest in will grow and prosper. (You can read more about it here.)
Unlike most Western holidays, those of the Vedas are synchronized with the rhythms of nature as reflected in the movement of planets through the zodiac.
That gives us a precise idea of the energies manifesting at any given moment.
Some energetic patterns are substantial enough that they call out for our attention, and these become the Vedic holy days, or holidays. Harmonizing with their energies can be beneficial to us.
When Akshaya Tritiya rolls around every year, it’s great to take advantage of the supportive energies to increase what you want to grow in your life.
How to Magnify the Energetic Support
From the moment you wake up, you can enjoy the benefits of applying this idea consciously with everything and anything in your life that you appreciate and/or want to grow.
Not only will you benefit from the actual increased growth of whatever it was, but you’ll likely be floating on air with the appreciation you feel as you recognize just how many things in your life fit into that category of things whose presence you want to flourish.
Look Toward the Light, Not the Shadows
Last year, on Akshaya Tritiya, I remember that not more than an hour into my day as I thought about all the things I wanted to do, I realized how stressed I was feeling.
Did I want my stress to increase? No way!
So I considered what I did want: the feeling of knowing that I have the space in my day to accomplish whatever really needed to be accomplished, and more than that, the feeling of knowing that all is well in the meantime. And of enjoyment. Of that glorious day, after all!
And fortunately, I was able to flip right into that space and remain there the rest of the day. Whew, close call!
So, no matter how your day begins or what you’ve got going on, you can decide to set about attending to all those many wonderful things in your life that you appreciate and would like to see flourish.
You’ll notice that your day is full to overflowing with such things.
Initiate or Tend to What You Want to Increase
This is a day to take the first step on a project that you want to flourish or an activity that you want to turn out positively.
Take some time to focus on your spiritual practice to help strengthen and establish its presence in your life.
It’s also an especially great day to initiate improvements in anything related to finances or valuables.
As an example, here are a few things I reveled in (and jotted down) last year on this auspicious day:
- I spent some special time with my husband. I even made it a point to listen a few times.
- I practiced “Looking at Myself” frequently all day long.
- I took the dogs for a drive to a charming village nearby where I ran a few errands. It was bustling with the beginning of the summer tourist activity.
- Then we went for a walk by the river where the dogs got to take a dip. Beautiful and refreshing.
- I bought some lottery tickets. (In India it’s a day where people buy gold and jewels. That would work, too. )
- I did a Matrix Enegetics session for my almost-daughter-in-law and my soon-to-be-born grandbaby! (Who’s now a healthy almost-one-year-old.)
- I returned a call to a client. Thank God for my wonderful clients and for the interesting work I get to do.
- I watered my rhubarb. It’s the first year I can actually harvest it and I am excited!
This year I’m going to enjoy posting to my blog. In particular, I’m going to announce a new service I’m offering. Yippee!
I’m hoping that the magic of this special day will help me grow both of them.
Let Every Day Be Akshaya Tritiya
If you’re catching this post a little late and missed Akshaya Tritiya, well… Let today be Akshaya Tritiya for you. If you have any confidence at all in the Law of Attraction, you know that whatever you put your attention on grows.
Let your attention be on all the wonderful, positive things that you are grateful for today.
I hope you have a wonderful day, and I wish you abundance and prosperity!