Here’s an extremely useful one that you can use in lots of situations.
Speak With Pictures
We’ve already talked about communicating telepathically with your pet using any or all of your senses.
When you imagine a scenario you want to encourage, you can and should continue to use other senses, but one of the easiest and most effective ways to get a telepathic message to your pet is to use your visual sense to create pictures.
(And note that the ideas I’m giving here for vision can still apply to other senses too.)
To Encourage Positives
Typically, when we want to relay a message or suggestion, it’s something good or something we want our pet to do.
When this is the case, simply imagine in your mind’s eye what that looks like, literally.
You can experiment with doing it from your point of view, and also from your pet’s perspective.
To Discourage Negatives
When there’s something you don’t want them to do or you want them to stop doing, it gets a little trickier, but only because you have to get creative yourself.
The idea is to turn it around into what you want them to do instead, and then imagine that in your mind’s eye.
So, for example, if you don’t want your dog to go into the street, see them stopping at the sidewalk. You might even see them turning around at the sidewalk and coming back to the house. (Note I’m not saying to do this instead of training or other practical restraint measures! It’s done as an adjunct with them in situations like this.)
Or if you don’t want them to bark when someone comes to the door, what do you want them to do instead? Think about that and imagine it in every detail.
A Few Other Tips
Whenever you’re encouraging a new behavior, it’s helpful to take an extra moment to see (in your mind’s eye) your pet getting some congratulations, affection, or a treat right after they do what you want them to do. And then, when they do it, give them that! Besides reinforcing the behavior, it helps confirm to them that you were, indeed, “talking” to them.
As to senses other than visual, you can also give commands from a distance (in your mind) if your pet is already responsive to those commands. And even though “No” is a negative, if they already are responsive to that, don’t hesitate to use it especially in a dangerous situation.
As with any kind of training, it’s good to repeat the practice lots of times before it’s actually needed, or intersperse it with times when it’s needed.
An Example: Discourage then Encourage
Our boxer (God rest her sweet soul) used to be very protective of us when we were in our outdoor jacuzzi at night.
She would go off barking to all corners of our property, and it was annoying not only to us but I’m sure to the neighbors, too.
The problem was, she was getting old and losing her hearing, so even whistling for her had become futile.
So we decided to use telepathy.
We used a mixture of different techniques, but it went something like this:
1. We calmed ourselves down, so that we truly were okay instead of distressed about her barking. Otherwise she would sense anxiety from us, making her anxious or making her think we were in a distressing situation where we need her protection.
2. We made a deliberate connection by thinking her name as if she were right next to us and we were getting her attention.
3. We imagined what we wanted, which was for everything to be very quiet. I would put myself “inside” her and feel myself just being quiet and calm, i.e. not barking. (Discouragement from barking.)
4. Then we would telepathically issue the “Come” command. She was a very obedient dog, but for good measure I would then …
5. Envision her returning to where we were. I would do this either from her perspective (imagining myself, as her, coming up the hill and across the driveway) or from our perspective (seeing her come around the corner of the house toward us), or both. (Encouragement to return to the house.)
It worked! It worked immediately and repeatedly. It was amazing even to us how responsive she was, but I’m sure that was at least partly due to the fact that a few years before we had all made an agreement of sorts that we would play with communicating that way. She enjoyed it and yet this shows that she also took it seriously.
So don’t forget about all these great modes of communication you have available.
Try them out, and practice them until you see for yourself how well they work. They not only enrich your relationship, but they can be an important means of communicating in serious situation.
Note: This is the 3rd in a series about communicating with your pet energetically (mainly telepathically). The skills are best developed in order. Here are the previous articles:
Do you have experiences with doing this that you can share? Comments? Questions?
> > > Special GIVEAWAY Announcement < < <
Do you want a free reading? I’m giving away two — winner’s choice of 3 types!
You can choose a:
- Channeling (30-min.) OR a
- Jyotish (Vedic Astrology) Prasna reading OR a
- Holographic Emergence session (30-min.)!
All I ask is that you:
1) “Like” Lightspirited Being on facebook (button to the right if you’re reading this from the blog) AND
2) Write on Lightspirited Being’s facebook wall that you want to be in the “Solstice Drawing”
I’ll draw 2 qualifying recipients on the Solstice (Dec. 21 here in NM). Please feel free to spread the word until then.
Thanks so much — and good luck!